Narrowband

Jupiter, march 08-2018 the best!

astroavani

Your photos are superb. 

I noticed that you use a colour planetary camera, is this because of the speed of acquiring the image, especially with the rapid rotation of Jupiter.  Have you not been tempted by the higher resolution and sensitivity of a mono system ?

Sean.

On 17/03/2018 at 07:51, Craney said:

Your photos are superb. 

I noticed that you use a colour planetary camera, is this because of the speed of acquiring the image, especially with the rapid rotation of Jupiter.  Have you not been tempted by the higher resolution and sensitivity of a mono system ?

Sean.

Hi Sean!
I have never used mono camera, actually the seeing on my site has a lot of variation in a few minutes. I think using a mono in this case is a disadvantage. With a color I can make several movies while with the mono would make one. So the chance to catch a good seeing on one of them increases and usually this is what happens.
Last night for example among 12 films I only got one acceptable. If she had been wearing a monkey, she might not have gotten one.
Plus I believe that the greater investment in equipment and time does not make up for the minimum gain difference a monkey could bring.

Archived