SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

H130/NGC 3998

jetstream

Simbad gives a V mag of 12.1 for NGC 3998 and I'm quite pleased that the Heritage 130 pulled it out in direct vision tonight. First caught in the 24mm ES 68 the galaxy responded to a bit more mag using my orthos. Another object revealed itself tonight- the Flaming star- no filter, this little scope sure works. The sky was above avg - not the best (for here) but with nice trans. Piles more seen with this scope tonight, I like this thing.

Gerry

Another good assessment for the prowess of this Heritage 130 Gerry, nice account for that Lenticular galaxy. Have to say the weather has been bloomin awful here, utterly miserable, continual rain sleet snow wind and dense cloud almost the entire month so far for north east. So with that in mind, yep I can just envisage being where you are with that Heritage 130, Flaming Star with no filter is really good going to. Also good to note that your 24" dob build is just two weeks to completion. 

Archived