Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2018_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a4fa178de7d36660e48f7eb1205319eb.jpg

I have bst eyepieces. And are very good performers.unless you want to take out a second mortgage to buy top end eyepieces. Bst are worth every penny.IMHO. 

• Like 1

A 30mm eyepiece in an f5 scope will give an exit pupil of 6mm. Under urban/suburban light pollution this size exit pupil may not darken the background sky sufficiently. You will have to judge this based on the brightness of the background sky when using your current 25mm eyepiece. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

A 30mm eyepiece in an f5 scope will give an exit pupil of 6mm. Under urban/suburban light pollution this size exit pupil may not darken the background sky sufficiently. You will have to judge this based on the brightness of the background sky when using your current 25mm eyepiece. 

That’s interesting to know. I basically have minimal light pollution and have a bortle 4 sky.  I’ll check when I next use the 25mm, thanks.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Dinoco said:

That’s interesting to know. I basically have minimal light pollution and have a bortle 4 sky.  I’ll check when I next use the 25mm, thanks.

My sky is like yours (I live in a village on the edge of the greenbelt) and the 30mm Vixen gives me a dark enough background, as does a 25mm NPL and a 19mm TeleVue Panoptic.  

Edited by Mak the Night
More Beans
  • Like 1