SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Does anyone broadcast?

cuivenion

Not seen a broadcast in a long time,, was involved with NSN a while back but would like to get involved in broadcasting at some stage,

Tried with vaf to get something going but had lots of pitfalls and wasn't feasible at end of the day.

Should be an interesting post

Yeah it's owned by Joe Sardinia,, he took over from Joe turner and rock mallin  ( mallincam) rock has his own broadcast site for folk who mostly use mallincam camera's, that's the problem with NSN being USA based,,time difference makes us miss a lot of broadcasts,, when I built the nsn forum with Ken James for Joe, communication was a killer,, I was going to bed as he was going to work,,,

Deffo would like to see NSN back to it's former glory and see more UK based broadcasters..

Seen broadcasts by some guys like,simon in Kenya and dr Dave,ken James to name a very few and the quality is just outstanding ,, now that's what I call video astronomy,,,

My colleague and I broadcast on NSN from Mauna Kea, Hawaii at 9200’.  We try to do it every Monday, but the weather has been terrible for the past month or so.  Our time is not the best for viewers on mainland U.S., but we get a lot from Australia, New Zealand and Europe.  We still get many die hards from the mainland as well.  It’s becoming a real international venue.  There is a Facebook page called Night Skies Network where many post their captures from the previous night’s broadcast.  Different cameras and scope setups.  Definitely a thing to tune into if you’re interested in EAA/VA.

Don

Another endorsement for NSN (Joe's site). Tis the best I've come across. If you broadcast be aware that it needs (according to Joe trying to help me do a show which kept crashing) 2Mbps upload to work properly. I'm in Australia and only average 0.4 to 0.7 Mpbs upload so once I got 3 or 4 people join in the show and voice chat with me it crashes several times a minute. Until I get better internet I cannot broadcast. There is debate on what I've just said there though, as some US people broadcast with less than 2Mbps upload fine. So it could be some other weird Aussie bandwidth/other problem going on for me. There is a Cloudy Nights Announcements sticky which Don in the above post (HiLoDon) and others put announcements of when they are going to be on. But some dont bother putting it in there and instead post they are up live on the NSN Facebook page ... so join that too. Don's broadcasts with the Lodestar X2 and Starlight Live are excellent. Always impressed with both that cam and the software. Another regular is another Don (DonBoy) who tests and wrings every last drop of goodness out of so many camera's it's wonderful to watch new stuff before everyone goes buy them. And lastly, Robin Clark who lists on that CN announcements page as saguaro (or something like that) who wrings the utmost out of ASI1600 doing 1 min x 10 to 20 stacked ... but while not VA shortness, the shots are like AP. Very sharp and great detail. 

Archived