Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

T-Ring & Adapter for Canon T6 Rebel

Mirvjen

Hi everyone,

I need to attach my T6 Rebel to a Skyprodigy 130 and I know that a T-ring and a adapter is necessary. I borrowed a kit from my friend but it was for a Nikon and the T-ring was too small for my camera. I tried searching the net but couldn't find one that was for a T6 (there were many other models but not for this one). Can someone send me some specs or links (preferably ebay) so I can order one ?

Thanks,

24 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Before spending on an adapter it would be wise to check if the scope will reach focus with a DSLR, chances are it wont. 

Alan

How do I check ? Sorry, but I'm new to astrophotography.

PS: I also have a Barlow lens if that halps.

Mirvjen

1 minute ago, Mirvjen said:

How do I check ? Sorry, but I'm new to astrophotography.

Mirvjen

You can do a trial by just holding the camera in place and the focusser racked in to gauge the spacing distance required and see if that is less than the adapters will give you, or look for posts regarding your scope. It is quie a common issue but can be fixed by using a 2x Barlow in the imaging train or moving the primary mirror further up the tube.

Alan

12 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

You can do a trial by just holding the camera in place and the focusser racked in to gauge the spacing distance required and see if that is less than the adapters will give you, or look for posts regarding your scope. It is quie a common issue but can be fixed by using a 2x Barlow in the imaging train or moving the primary mirror further up the tube.

Alan

Thank you, I'll try that and see what happens.

Mirvjen

Archived