Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sometimes its hard to decide what to sell....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of equations relating to how many 'scopes/ EP's/ filters/ cameras an astronomer needs- N+1 where N is the number of items currently owned OR S-1 where S is the number of items that will push ones significant other over the edge........

I don't think I've ever sold a car - always run them into the ground or had them destroyed for me by other vehicles (including a pair of juggernauts!).  Oops - tell a lie - I did sell one car to a neighbour, as scrap.  I had had so much trouble with it I just couldn't take any more.  He repaired it and applied TLC and was very happy with it.  I was quite satisfied and happy for him - I was well shot of it!!

On 3/16/2018 at 22:53, carastro said:

I had a previous ETX125 for planetary imaging and decided I was so useless at imaging planets I wasn't going to do it any more and sold it.  But then got lulled into doing it again.

I had an A4 EL panel for my 200PDS, sold the 200PDS and then sold the panel as well.  Now I have a 130PDS and need the A4 panel again.  Duh!!!

I sold a new Atik314L because I found the FOV jump from a DSLR too much of a shock and then bought an Atik383L instead.  About 18 months later I decided I needed a smaller camera for the smaller targets, and re-bought an Atik314L but this time a second hand one.

I think that is all.  I am now a bit more cautious before I sell stuff.

Carole 

That's quite a list of 'seller's regret'. I have to admit that selling something is a sure-fire way for subsequently finding a use for it. My "Two year" rule was once a "One year" rule.

On 16/03/2018 at 13:06, carastro said:

SW130PDS (currently using this a  lot from home, not been brave enough to take it to camp yet -concerns about dew)

I don't get dew problems with mine. I have a dew shield about 14" long made out of rolled up camp mat and lined with black velour paper.

13 hours ago, carastro said:

I find it difficult to attach a dew shield like yours

I cut it a bit on the small size and stretch in the mat means it is a push fit, I only push it on as far as the four spider screws, so it's easy to pop it off for focusing.

Archived