SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A visual of different resolutions at play ......

I have two rigs running..... an TMB152/1200 and a QSI690 camera and a Takahashi FSQ85 and a QSI683. I have been working on a 2 pane mosaic of M78 but unfortunately due to a huge number of things going wrong I've had to abandon the project.... But what I did find was that one of the panes that I have almost finished matched up reasonably well (with some significant rotating and cropping) with one I did last year ... Perhaps I can finish off the project after all.

But what I thought would be an interesting visual to show is the difference in resolution (or pixel scale) between my two rigs.....

The Taks run at about 330mm and with a KAF8300 sensor camera at 3.37" pp while the TMB152/1200 with the Sony ICX814 sensor at 0.68" pp.

As I said, the main field of view has had to be cropped and rotated, so perhaps it's showing about 3/4 of a 2 pane mosaic...... the outlined inlay is a 6 pane mosaic from the TMB rig.... quite a difference I think you'll agree :D Can you imagine trying to mosaic this area with the TMB rig *shock* 

Mosaic_M78_lum_DBE_3_rotate_with bogeyman_lines.jpg

A bigger scope is a bit like an expert, wittily described by someone as 'a person who knows more and more about less and less...' 

Of particular interest is the spectacular reduction in star size in the TMB. This is exactly what I see when I compare FSQ106 data with TEC140, even using the same camera.

Olly

24 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Of particular interest is the spectacular reduction in star size in the TMB. This is exactly what I see when I compare FSQ106 data with TEC140, even using the same camera.

Sorry Olly - Should have said that the TMB data is Ha and the other stuff is 1200s Luminance subs

**Edit** However when I put it together I will have Ha data in both scopes, so that will be interesting to compare.

Archived