Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

ronan

Hi from Dundee, Scotland

Hi all,

I recently decided to get a telescope for me and my little family, probably the dobsonian skywatcher skyliner 200p

I am completely new to astronomy but looks like this forum is a good place to learn and decided to join in for questions

Cheers

Ronan

Welcome Ronan,

The 200p Skyliner is a great scope, a friend of mine got one as his first scope and still uses it frequently.

Dan :happy7:

Hello from Edinburgh. 

From what I've read, that's a cracking first scope that should last a long time and show you some amazing things. 

This forum is a brilliant place to learn and ask questions. The lovely people here have helped me a lot since I joined.

Enjoy getting into the hobby and good luck! 

Welcome from just up the coast a bit.

I hope you and your family have lots of fun with the hobby and the forum.

Hi, Ronan, and welcome to SGL.

Yes, we love questions on this forum and there is a wealth of experience to guide you through your journey. Just post your questions on the appropriate board.

The 200mm is a great scope, small enough to be mobile, but big enough to give some lovely views. Enjoy.

Hi and welcome Ronan from a fellow Dundonian.  You may notice that I am Web Manager of the Dundee Astronomical Society, so please have a look on the website. You may find some astro events you might be interested in during the summer.

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. I have a 200p Dob and it’s a great first scope.

Hi Ronan and welcome to the lounge, If you haven't found it yet a good way of finding your way around the skies is with the free Planetarium download www.stellarium.org/ you can configure the settings to your location and add various plugins.    

I just ordered the telescope, will arrive in April when I am back home. Can't wait. I ll have a think at what accessories I should get if any in the mean time :)

Welcome aboard Ronan you have found a great place to ask questions and get help, some amazing people here.

Jim 

Welcome Ronan from land down under

My family immigrated from Isle Of Argyle in 1810, still wear Malcolm tartan occasionally

Back to business

Have a Skywatcher 10" dob

Get hours of enjoyment out of it

Club belong to, we go into schools to do presentations, as well as space badge for scout/guide movement

John

@cletrac1922 Scottish tartan are cool :) 

While I live in Dundee, Scotland for 3 years almost now and lived in London for 5 years before that, I am originally from Brittany, France. Did not wore any tartan yet :) 

Hi Ronan and welcome to SGL - Hope that you enjoy your time here :) 

Hi Ronan Enjoy your scope/observing. There is alot of useful information and advice on this forum which I am sure will enhance your enjoyment of this hobby