Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Dundee, Scotland

ronan

Hi all,

I recently decided to get a telescope for me and my little family, probably the dobsonian skywatcher skyliner 200p

I am completely new to astronomy but looks like this forum is a good place to learn and decided to join in for questions

Cheers

Ronan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello from Edinburgh. 

From what I've read, that's a cracking first scope that should last a long time and show you some amazing things. 

This forum is a brilliant place to learn and ask questions. The lovely people here have helped me a lot since I joined.

Enjoy getting into the hobby and good luck! 

Hi, Ronan, and welcome to SGL.

Yes, we love questions on this forum and there is a wealth of experience to guide you through your journey. Just post your questions on the appropriate board.

The 200mm is a great scope, small enough to be mobile, but big enough to give some lovely views. Enjoy.

Hi and welcome Ronan from a fellow Dundonian.  You may notice that I am Web Manager of the Dundee Astronomical Society, so please have a look on the website. You may find some astro events you might be interested in during the summer.

Welcome Ronan from land down under

My family immigrated from Isle Of Argyle in 1810, still wear Malcolm tartan occasionally

Back to business

Have a Skywatcher 10" dob

Get hours of enjoyment out of it

Club belong to, we go into schools to do presentations, as well as space badge for scout/guide movement

John

Archived