Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

Grant

SGL 2018 SP Bookings

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, hadyn42 said:

Hello Dave

The food was very good indeed and so was the company! :happy11:

Regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

 

56 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Yeah, Dave, the food was excellent, our team won the quiz, every night was crystal clear - it really should be scheduled for the end of April every year. We did wonder where you were...

Just call me Rip Van Winkle, ah well roll on next year :grin:

Dave

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked, for the 3 main nights, can't wait to see you all, and of course some clear skies! :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually got round to booking...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Booked Thursday to Sunday. Hope im not to late. This will be my first star party. Yippie!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doubt you are too late.   Think that's if you try to book once the party has started.  :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out about this - sounds great! Does anyone know if it is possible to attend one evening without staying overnight?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, robbymain said:

Just found out about this - sounds great! Does anyone know if it is possible to attend one evening without staying overnight?!

We will look at this but but it's not simple as the camp site has a number plate recognition barrier so it would likely require that day visitors register with the campsite and pay a small fee for the entrance. The other issue is light pollution in terms of cars moving around once dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've booked my tickets for Friday and Saturday.

I've only owned a telescope for 2 months so hoping to experience my first taste of a dark skies site at my first star party :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andy1978 said:

I've booked my tickets for Friday and Saturday.

I've only owned a telescope for 2 months so hoping to experience my first taste of a dark skies site at my first star party :)

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask there's always a first time for everything

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2018 at 15:45, Grant said:

We will look at this but but it's not simple as the camp site has a number plate recognition barrier so it would likely require that day visitors register with the campsite and pay a small fee for the entrance. The other issue is light pollution in terms of cars moving around once dark.

All good points! I think I will book to camp both Fri and Sat nights, (plus grub of course) and cross everything for clear skies....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, robbymain said:

 and cross everything for clear skies....!

Not important, the bar has some lovely ales! 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked the leave with work months ago but have only just got around to booking a pitch  for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights with food.

Looking forward to it already.

Ade

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, is this star party open to all members and non-members? If so I would probably camp in a tent (cold in October). I'm also wondering if the pitch booking is per tent or per person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Final Pr0di9y said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, is this star party open to all members and non-members? If so I would probably camp in a tent (cold in October). I'm also wondering if the pitch booking is per tent or per person?

All welcome, booking per pitch, get one with electric hook up (EHU) and bring a small warm air heater.

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

get one with electric hook up (EHU) and bring a small warm air heater

Great idea, Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All booked now :)  Friday and Saturday night. May extend, but that depends on a few things.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi

What is the price per pitch per night is it like kelling cheaper becourse it's out of season and thay garented to fill the place . Can not find anything on line only the normal prices which is a bit steep for October 25 quid a night

Solarboy 

Edited by solarboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, solarboy said:

Hi

What is the price per pitch per night is it like kelling cheaper becourse it's out of season and thay garented to fill the place . Can not find anything on line only the normal prices which is a bit steep for October 25 quid a night

Solarboy 

Prices are here https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sgl-sp-booking.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2018 at 09:35, Final Pr0di9y said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, is this star party open to all members and non-members? If so I would probably camp in a tent (cold in October). I'm also wondering if the pitch booking is per tent or per person?

I'll be there in a tent,  yeah it will probably be cold in the evening,  but then we'll all be out with our telescopes :)

£18 for EHU, or £15 without. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now booked for Fri, Sat and Sunday nights with food incl. - looking forward to it again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2018 at 18:31, rushy said:

thank you i have seen the pods will try to book now for one if the booking is confirmed i will book other stuff through the sgl booking site

well it was March when i posted this, i contacted the site and they said the existing pods were booked but they were planning building more for the summer, they took my details and said they would contact me when they were taking bookings for the new units, i had given up on hearing from them as it is now August until i got a phone call from them yesterday offering me a booking for the weekend of the party, so i am now booked for the Friday and Saturday evening and have booked for the food for both nights. I know no one from the group and am new to the hobby so i am hoping to make new friends and learn some stuff see you all there

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rushy said:

well it was March when i posted this, i contacted the site and they said the existing pods were booked but they were planning building more for the summer, they took my details and said they would contact me when they were taking bookings for the new units, i had given up on hearing from them as it is now August until i got a phone call from them yesterday offering me a booking for the weekend of the party, so i am now booked for the Friday and Saturday evening and have booked for the food for both nights. I know no one from the group and am new to the hobby so i am hoping to make new friends and learn some stuff see you all there

Great stuff Rushy. Despite appearances we are a friendly bunch so I’m sure you will have a fab weekend :)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll have a great time Rushy. I'm sure you will meet many people who will help you if you need it. What kit are you bringing? 

Steve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got a call yesterday offering me a pod! As I’m staying with my wife and young child it was a better option than tent. Looking forward to my first star party

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.