Narrowband

Kidderminster newbie

Ande

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

A warm welcome to SGL my Grandad was from Kidderminster,  Blakeshall. 

I still have family there. 

I probably know of them, as I was a postman who delivered to the Blakeshall area for a couple of years or so ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SteveWolves said:

The Carolian Astronomy group meet at the school in Kiddy they will be lots of help, I will find there details

Society Info: Carolian Astronomy Society

Meetings Science Theatre, King Charles 1 School, Comberton Road, Kidderminster, DY10 1XA
Web Page http://www.carolianastro.org.uk
E-mail gmellis@blueyonder.co.uk

I am an Old Carolian (1965-1970) but left Kidderminster over 40 years ago. The web page appears to be redundant. Any idea if this group is still active? Just curious if some of my peers are still around and looking skyward.

Welcome Ande from land down under

Have a Skywatcher 10" collapsible dob, and club belong to, we go into schools to do presentations, as well as space badge scout/guide movement

U will get many hours of enjoyment from your dob

John

Skywatcher 10 inch Dobson.jpg

That looks a serious bit of kit. Wish someone would have bought telescopes to our school as a kid. I’d have been sold.  Just ordered my telescope, although I throttled back a tad.  Ordered the 200p dob, instead of the 250px. Used the difference, and then some, to buy a few extras. Just hoping that I can get it across the back of my Fiat 500 now ?

You'll enjoy the 200p. It's a great scope for the size and price; very portable, good light grasp and the mirror is excellent. You can lug it around the garden, chuck it in the car...plus the fact it holds collimation well if gently handled (you have to adjust the tilt of the mirrors to achieve good alignment and optimum focus - it's not too difficult a job). :)

Thanks Beulah. I can’t wait for it to arrive.  Although, given the weather, I can afford to be patient. I guess that will give me a bit of time to acquaint myself with the telescope before I christen it ?

Archived