Narrowband

Maxim DL, ASI 1600 and Lodestar 2

Rodd

26 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Yes the ASI has 2 USBs for filter wheel and guide cam.  This is SUPPOSED to work.  I was wrong in my last message--it is still not recognizing the Lodestar

Rodd

GT IT!!!!!!:cussing:   I had to download a driver from SX through a weird process I have never seen.  The guider is recognized and guiding continues through exposures.  Now for focus

Thanks guys--I do not know what I would do without SGL.  

Rodd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Well done Rodd, just tried it on my Win10 laptop and it works OK.

Dave

You must have had the necessary drivers installed.  The whole process has left me scrambled.  Annoyed.  Annoyed for being annoyed.  But I still have an OAG issue.

Rodd

Baby steps Rodd :grin:

It should have flagged it up when you plugged it in and it couldn't find the driver, with a message something about echoes.

Dave

Drivers on their site need unzipping, if you'd loaded them from a supplied disc it would have done it automatically.

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

You must have had the necessary drivers installed.  The whole process has left me scrambled.  Annoyed.  Annoyed for being annoyed.  But I still have an OAG issue.

Rodd

Good, you are getting there...... Now breathe......You have mastered enough technology to choke a horse. :hello2:

OK onto the OAG issue and then autofocus. There are a couple of sensitive measurements for focus (step size is one).. 

You will get there and then wonder what all the fuss was about....honest??

4 minutes ago, George 47 said:

Good, you are getting there...... Now breathe......You have mastered enough technology to choke a horse. :hello2:

OK onto the OAG issue and then autofocus. There are a couple of sensitive measurements for focus (step size is one).. 

You will get there and then wonder what all the fuss was about....honest??

Thanks.  I will leave autofocus for another day.  I am a dinosaur and use a B-Mask.  Slewing to a star, focusing, and slewing back--all in automated fashion is beyond me at this time--my goto slews are not accurate enough and I have to learn plate solving in order to frame--too many things to learn all at once.  Its the focusing of the lodestar 2 for guiding that I am concerned with and the way the OAG is connected to the filter wheel.  But I would love to be able to run the rig automated.  I just can't fathom getting past all the gremlins (a filter wheel that often jams on the STT-8300).  If the ASI 1600 works as it should (I do like the multi directional movement--something the SBIG wheel lacks)--maybe I will be able to start automating.

Rodd

Archived