SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pacman

Rodd

This image has over 40 hours of data, some collected with the Televue np101is (Ha, OIII and SII) and some collected with the TOA 130 with .7x reducer Ha and OIII only).  The camera was the STT-8300.  Filters were Baader for Televue data and 3nm Astrodon for TOA data.  I experimented with only using the Ha from the TOA but I just could not make that work.  My thoughts were that the TOA Ha data would have a higher resolution and would make a superior luminance channel.  I guess the difference in star size was just to great.  

2 versions posted--a brighter and a softer.  Not sure which I prefer, so I figured I'd get the inevitable over with and post them at the start.  

Rodd

A2-Final.thumb.jpg.16eaecc07d8c6dffce3d9f6cfdfb0856.jpg

5aa57f3f08561_FinalBlend.thumb.jpg.7c6a1633d9a558d7166ba17a13fd6f5d.jpg

4 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Nice Rodd. I like the second more. Better background and stars. First has bigger magenta coloured stars.

Richard.

Thanks Richard.  Go figure, not the particulars I was expecting to hear compared :icon_biggrin:

Rodd

I prefer the second one. The black around the background stars towards the edges is less harsh.

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

I look at these images on my desktop and cringe.  It is very frustrating.

Rodd

They're both good. I'd be very happy if I could get anywhere near this quality in an image

1 minute ago, Mognet said:

I prefer the second one. The black around the background stars towards the edges is less harsh.

They're both good. I'd be very happy if I could get anywhere near this quality in an image

Thanks--they seem gaudy--way over saturated on my desktop.  Its like ...whoa!

Rodd

Archived