Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

munirocks

Museum of the Moon

I've just seen the travelling Museum of the Moon exhibition in Leicester, and I highly recommend it. It's a high resolution 7 metre diameter 3D model of the moon that you can walk around, and it's simply gobsmacking. I took along my Vixen 2.1 x 42 super-wide angle binoculars, and Pentax Papilio 6.5 x 21 close-focussing binoculars and spent hours looking it over - great views of both near side and far side. I think it's in Leicester for another week, and in Glasgow for an extended period starting some time in May. If you're into lunar observation you'd be crazy to miss it.

Edited by munirocks
  • Like 4

Thanks @munirocks, I visited it today. Long trip but glad I went!

It was the last day of the exhibition so it was pretty busy. Nice to see so much interest. Richard III's tomb was also excellent.

Dan :happy7:

20180318_142831.jpg

20180318_133043.jpg

Thanks for posting - am booking up to see it in Wales in May :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rob_r
      Another clear evening on Saturday near Preston, Lancashire. Although, it was pretty cold. 

7 shots into this one (plus one dark), stacked within Photoshop and some level adjustments to brighten it up a little.
      Camera: Canon 600D
      Scope: Skywatcher 127 w/AZ-GTI mount
      ISO: 800
      Shutter speed: 1/400s

• By wouterdhoye
      Hi,
      included some images of April 12th.
      One image of Vallis Alpes, witht he large craters Arsitoteles and Eudoxus.
      Rima Hyginus, with lower in the image Triesnecker and Rimae Triesneckes to the right of it.
      The Apennines. A large mountain range. This is a two panel mosaic.
      and last byt not least a high res image of the lunar terminator from the Large crater Ptolemaeus all the way to the South pole.
      All images made using CFF CC300 f/20 and asi 174MM at prime focus. An Astronomik proplanet 807 filter was used to stabilize seeing.
      Enjoy the images, and feel free to share your toughts, comments etc. All images are also visible on my Astrobin page.

• By wouterdhoye
      Second time I undertake this kind of endeavour. Many many movies were shot. Over 300Gb of data. Stitching was done by hand. in adobe Photoshop. 
      Equipment used: 
      CFF 300f//20 cassegrain
      ASI174MM with Astronomik proplanet807
      processing using Autostakkert, lynkeos and adobe photoshop.
      Image is a wee bit too large to add to post direclty. hence just the link.
      https://astrob.in/400728/0/
      Make sure to check out at full res.
      enjoy.
      Wouter.
    • By StaceStar
      I'm not sure where all these odd names for the full moon are coming from? Apparently last night was a worm moon??? Regardless happy first day of spring everyone...here's my moon from last night

Taken with an altair 72EDF Deluxe, GPCAM 290c and 0.5x reducer.

• By Star101
      Single shot using Atik 4120EX OSC camera and TS 65Q on Mesu 200.
      1 x 0.01s 
      It was just there
      Thanks for looking
      Dave.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.