Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

kerrylewis

Mercury in the evenings

saw it the other night when down at the local lighthouse for sunset, i love spotting mercury :) 

• Like 2

Just caught them again in a pale blue sky  between streaks of dark cloud  - lovely 

• Like 1

YEAH!!!

Just spent a few minutes out with the bins & caught them both. Mercury was barely visible without the bins from here and was a lot higher up than I expected. 

Just spotted Mercury in a gap in the clouds, just above one of the roof tops. Venus too low by the time the cloud cleared.

At least I know exactly which gap to look through now, was struggling to get my bearings with all this low cloud around.

Not a chance here the last few evenings. Lots of low cloud, unsurprising with my view west being over Plymouth Sound. We live in hope. ?

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Like 1