Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HitecAstro Mount Hub Pro v4 (MHPv4)

snowy911

After using the HitecAstro Mount Hub Pro v3 (MHP) happily for several years, I came across the new v4 device at Astrofest a month ago.  Whilst v3 has served me well,  there were a few things I wanted which weren't available in this model.  More USB ports, less power ports, a smaller casing which would fit beneath the front of the versa plate on my mount, and a small detachable power lead which I could run via the through the mount cabling which is part of the Paramount MX+.  On seeing the small form factor of the v4 device, the extra USB ports, ample power ports, detachable head for the power lead, RCA sockets for my dew heaters, focus connection for my second Lakeside, and the temperature probe, the wallet couldn't be kept closed.

I purchased from David Jackson, who said I'd receive the device 10 days later, as this was their first batch of the devices.  As promised, exactly 10 days later the device arrived, and was quickly attached to the scope.  Everything worked perfectly, although there was 1 issue I had, but as I explained to David, it was most likely me being 'daft'.  David's support was brilliant, I honestly can't say enough about it, and yes I was being daft as a toilet brush, but David was kind enough to promise not to mention it to anyone.

The device is very well built, has ample USB ports (6), Power sockets and supplied cables (4), RCA connections (3), a focus adapter for a stepper or dc focuser and the temperature probe.  The mains power lead and supplied USB cable were the right length to reach my PC and bench power supply, and threaded through the Paramount MX mount effortlessly.

The device came with 2 brackets for attachment purposes, which very happily allowed me to attached the device to the underneath of the front of my Versa plate on the PMX+.  This really helps reduce the clutter of leads, and helps prevent any drag or potential catastrophes which can occur when leads are left dangling.

The GUI is awesome, it is still undergoing some enhancements, and on talking to David, it sounds like a number of releases are planned over the rest of the year.

The software has much of the functionality I previously wanted, and looks very cool.  I must say that it looks like a lot of thought and effort has been put into designing and producing this device, and HitecAstro have listened to previous user feedback and incorporated these requests in the new device.

I'm very pleased with my recent purchase, and whilst not cheap, the device in my mind is well worth the money.

5a9f160156cc6_MHPv42.jpg.fc8d6570afee04d04f142886831eb995.jpg5a9f1600d14e8_MHPv41.jpg.bffc99f7063c592b50231f91238e63b7.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi Snowy911

I have one of these too and echo your comment (especially the smaller size)  however I do have a problem in that I cant get SGP to operate the stepper focuser without disabling MHP software. When that happens  the hub remains operative and power stays on Ok but I lose my dew heaters. I tried switching the MHP  focuser to DC motor to no avail.  Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated

Archived