Help please with SkyWatcher Explorer 130P SynScan AZ GOTO

I am new to astromony and recently bought a SkyWatcher Explorer 130P - SynScan AZ GOTO Telescope. I have some questions that I hope someone can help me with.
(1) When viewing the image through the telescope eyepiece or the finder scope the image is at an angle.  See attached picture, taken through window, hence poor quality. The scope has a dovetail fitting onto the mount so I can't rotate it. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong.
(2) I haven't taken it outside yet due to the poor weather, but I am concerned  that when I do, about condensation (when I bring it inside) and it's effect on the electrics of the GO TO mount and the Synscan control.
(3) I am hoping to control the scope using Stellarium on my computer, from inside the house. I have bought a 10mtr RS232 cable, connected it up and it all seems to work ok. Is it possible to control the scope to make fine adjustments to it's alignment with the stars/planets from within Stellarium ?. I can't find any instructions on how to do this.

Photo 06-03-2018, 15 58 50.jpg

I would suggest trying cdc rather than stellarium. It comes across at first as more difficult to use but I have found it easier in the long run and much more adaptable. You connect your scope to cdc slew to a position and fine adjust the telescope so that you target is central and then click the target icon to confirm target and scope are aligned. Do this a few times and you will find that the scope is then synced with cdc.  

Is that image no just down to the positiona/rotation of your camera?

In newtonian reflector telescopes like the one you have is always going to be upside down and at a slight angle due to how the light is focused using mirrors. This isn't a problem if it is only for astronomical purposes since there is no up, down, left, or right in space. As for contestation, I would assume that those things are meant to handle a little bit of dew. I have a motor for my EQ5 mount and it still works despite getting so dewed up it seemed as if it had rained, if your are still worried store it in a shed or garage if possible.

As for controlling the mount using Stellarium I have no experience.

2 hours ago, spillage said:

I would suggest trying cdc rather than stellarium. It comes across at first as more difficult to use but I have found it easier in the long run and much more adaptable. You connect your scope to cdc slew to a position and fine adjust the telescope so that you target is central and then click the target icon to confirm target and scope are aligned. Do this a few times and you will find that the scope is then synced with cdc.  

Is that image no just down to the positiona/rotation of your camera?

Thanks, I will give cdc a try. The image is the same position looking through the telescope eyepiece without the camera.

1 hour ago, Galen Gilmore said:

In newtonian reflector telescopes like the one you have is always going to be upside down and at a slight angle due to how the light is focused using mirrors. This isn't a problem if it is only for astronomical purposes since there is no up, down, left, or right in space. As for contestation, I would assume that those things are meant to handle a little bit of dew. I have a motor for my EQ5 mount and it still works despite getting so dewed up it seemed as if it had rained, if your are still worried store it in a shed or garage if possible.

As for controlling the mount using Stellarium I have no experience.

I had looked through a newtonian Skywatcher telescope before and the image was upside down, but I was surprised that the image on mine was at such an angle.

Archived