Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

dc motor spec

bottletopburly

12 V dc motor with gear box. Handcontroller has 9 V battery and voltage regulator which can bring the voltage down to get speed control. The actual speed is low and very much dependent on how fresh the battery is, and how warm/cold both battery and gears are. I only use it at its fastest setting with a SW double speed Crayford focuser. But then, I do most of my focusing from Ekos with an arduino based controller at about 10 V, and not the handcontroller.

Hope this helps.

22 hours ago, wimvb said:

12 V dc motor with gear box. Handcontroller has 9 V battery and voltage regulator which can bring the voltage down to get speed control. The actual speed is low and very much dependent on how fresh the battery is, and how warm/cold both battery and gears are. I only use it at its fastest setting with a SW double speed Crayford focuser. But then, I do most of my focusing from Ekos with an arduino based controller at about 10 V, and not the handcontroller.

Hope this helps.

i was thinking of making my own ,just needed to know what motor to get there is so many on ebay 

20 hours ago, wimvb said:

I can have a look later to see if there's a spec label on the motor itself, in case that this is the information you need.

Unfortunately there isn't, and nothing in the leaflet that came with it either.

Archived