SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light GSO 8" F4

MartinB

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole GSO kit inc MPCC coma corrector comes in at under £600. Which means I might have some dosh to sort out an observatory next year. Better a GSO in an observatory than an FSQ on the lawn I reckon

Shows promise Martin. The brief time I had the QHY8 (before Kevin took it off my hands) it performed superbly with the GSO, I can't wait to see what else you produce from the GSO / QHY8 combo 8)

Eddie

The tree in the garden that was blocking the view of a potential observatory site has mysteriously died!! I therefore have a window of opportunity.

It wasn't me guv honest! Must have been some disease or something. My wife doesn't believe me either.

MURDERER!!!

This is a really excellent start, Martin and it clearly shows the advantage of a 'fast' lens. The critical focus is always unwelcome but is the nature of the beast and with the dual speed focus unit should not be too tedious to get right. The larger secondary was a good choice to get better illumination across the sensor and from the experiences of a good friend of mine with this set-up, once you have the FP to Baader MPCC spacing sorted, I suspect that you will be delighted with the results!

Archived