SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Red Dot or Telrad on a 150mm f5 Newt?

Telrad run on cylindrical batteries, easy to replace and rechargeable. No coin batteries or separate bulky pack. Also a heater, shield, cover, Bob knobs and different height bases, so lot of variety for use.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alan White said:

As an update, having seen a Telrad in use (Thanks Ed), I have taken that route.
Order in with FLO.

I think that’s a wise choice, Alan. The Telrad made a big difference to my ability to find targets. I think the extra size is a worthwhile compromise for having the 4 degree circle that you’d loose with the Rigel Quickfinder. It just opens up a lot more visible stars that you can use for alignment. 

On 10/03/2018 at 15:42, Littleguy80 said:

I think that’s a wise choice, Alan. The Telrad made a big difference to my ability to find targets. I think the extra size is a worthwhile compromise for having the 4 degree circle that you’d loose with the Rigel Quickfinder. It just opens up a lot more visible stars that you can use for alignment. 

It is very low tech as they go. I like the fact extra bases can be bought and also its low profile. Very portable and mine has a slot in my grab bag.

Archived