Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

covering scope and mount at star camp?

Hiya , anything that keeps the water and damp out will be sufficient, just make sure the cover is securely fixed so it doesn’t get blown off while your away from it ?

As above - but also make sure it's well ventilated to avoid condensation build up inside the scope - especially in your C925. I've seen water swilling around inside the tube of Mak's and Sct's and it's a devil to get out. :)

I use a fleece lined BBQ cover over my imaging gear, but also erect a toilet/utility tent to cover it which just lifts aside.

Over my dob I have one of the shiny covers from Widescreen centre,  but if the weather is anything more than light drizzle I tie it down with a tarpaulin cover.

Enjoy the SP!

I and my chums go regularly to astrocamps and use these covers.  I got mine from ENS Optical, but I am sure other retailers sell them as well.  They are waterproofed.  I think it was in the region of £30 but its really substantial, and has velcros at the bottom to wrap around the legs.  If it's windy I normally wrap a bungee around the middle so the cover isn't acting as a sail and swishing the mount around (I damaged a mount like that several years ago).

Carole 

caa9441b4980c3647b53903042b0bae0.1824x0_

Archived