Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher evostar 72 ed

shirva

Well done Davy

I hope all goes well for you.

I have been thinking of getting one of those scopes, but can't seem to find the weight of it. I was thinking of mounting it on my SW AZ Gti, but I think it could be a wee bit heavy for it

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

20 minutes ago, hadyn42 said:

Well done Davy

I have been thinking of getting one of those scopes, but can't seem to find the weight of it. I was thinking of mounting it on my SW AZ Gti, but I think it could be a wee bit heavy for it

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

It is 1950g all in with tube rings and dovetail, but excluding diagonal and eyepiece.

Very nice little scope.

1 hour ago, hadyn42 said:

Well done Davy

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

Hi hadyn,. I had the ed80 on the az gti with a dslr,,  only needed to sneeze near it and was shaking all over the place,, the 72 I'm going to try on the az gti as a grab n go set up,, or more than likely on the heq5 with the double saddle and the ed80 think this will be a cheeky wee set up.

More videos like that please.  Excellent broadcast.   To the point, informative, good practical common sense and has some gear which I might be able to afford brand new.

Looking forward to others.

Sean.

2 hours ago, shirva said:

Hi hadyn,. I had the ed80 on the az gti with a dslr,,  only needed to sneeze near it and was shaking all over the place,, the 72 I'm going to try on the az gti as a grab n go set up,, or more than likely on the heq5 with the double saddle and the ed80 think this will be a cheeky wee set up.

I think the tripod is the weak point in the az gti. Change this to a good photo tripod and it makes a big difference. I use a 100mm frac on mine with heavy eyepieces and it works well.

42 minutes ago, GavStar said:

I think the tripod is the weak point in the az gti. Change this to a good photo tripod and it makes a big difference. I use a 100mm frac on mine with heavy eyepieces and it works well.

Will need to upgrade it at some stage to a decent tripod,, and check the difference ,, food for thought in your suggestion .

I switched out the tripod for a manfrotto 055 I had. I was able to get my SW 150pds on it for some quick EEA of some galaxies one night. Yes it was not exactly rock solid, but it took 4 minutes to set up rather than 30 with my heavier EQ Mount. Just don’t walk close to it or use it in the wind...

More practically I use my WO 71 GT on the AZ GTI with a Neewer CF tripod as a travel scope and I love it. 

Archived