Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great scope find!

I often browse local classified ads for the odd person selling their scope for a great price, today I sort of hit the jackpot, i was browsing as usual and saw an 8” LX200 GPS that had just been posted (I’ll get to price later) so I call the fellow up who is an old timer saying he cannot lift it anymore and must let it go.

I make my way there, an hour drive, and there is this pristine LX200, the man was such a nice old fellow who enjoyed the scope for years. The optics look perfect, I gave it a shot at terrestrial viewing looking for the usual things like excessive mirror flop.

All seems great, computer and motors humming nicely, never been tampered with, plus it has a micro focusser and a hand controller which was a year old cause he stepped on the original in the dark of night. 

It came with 3 eyepieces (Meade low end) regardless, I can’t believe it’s esthetic condition, it looks like it rolled off the line yesterday. Best of all, I handed over what he asked no questions, the equivalent of U.S. $450, now I think that’s a deal!! 

After handing him the cash (not before) and thanking him profusely lol,  I asked him why he was selling for less than what he could have asked, to which he replied, “look at my Home son, money is not my concern, I just want to see someone enjoy it like I did” sure enough I could place my entire home in one of his bedrooms haha. 

Amazing person, there are still good people out there!

8CAD8153-8D2B-451F-BC9B-C7B5C468FE08.jpeg

551F4EFC-49B4-4D90-8806-BD4E9EB33649.jpeg

Great find, a true bargain. Guessing the Meade 5000 UWA 5.5mm hanging out the diagonal wasn’t one of the included Meade eyepieces. Lol. That would have been hitting the jackpot.

You really do have a lovely telescope there, one to keep for years.

What a find, and what a gent he was, he wanted his scope to go to a good home,

you must have fitted the bill, good luck to him, and I'm sure you will enjoy your new scope

for many years to come.

thanks to all for all the likes! im just reading on how to align the scope at night, manual is a bit confusing and jumps around from different methods, i prefer not to do the automatic align as it seems so time consuming. 

Archived