Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi All. Finally got a break in the clouds to have a go at Saturn - may prove to be last for the year looking at the forecast!
Pretty windy night, so wasn't expecting too much especially with only 18 degrees elevation - seeing was OK ish. I decided to go for lots of sets and not worry too much about rotation - I had hoped to get a glimpse of the hexagon since its showing so well, but with only 200mm scope that's probably a tall order. I might try derotation when I get a mo, but not holding ny breath! I used the powermate x5 as usual so pushing my luck (as usual) at F24 ish. Camera is ASI290MM.
Grabbed 4 sets of 3 RGB @60 secs per go so 12mins of each RG and B with Firecapture. Had to really push the gain. R at 390 still only gave histo average 66%, G at 400 only gave 45%, and B at 425 gave a miserable 36%.
Processed and quality ordered in PIPP, (12 of each colour in join mode) then to AS!2 for stacking only, then Registax for wavelets etc on each of the RG and B, then combine in RGB in PS with slight sharpening.
One thing I proved is that putting a delay between each individual exposure fixed the problem I have with wacky histo readings in the log files. If a sub catches even a few frames of the previous colour as the filter wheel turns it really knocks the recorded histo.
So here's my best shot - hope you like it, please do comment or criticize - always room for improvement!