Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik Infinity NO CAMERA

2STAR

Has anyone else had a problem after downloading the Feb 2018 v.4.2.1.2 software update for the Atik Infinity, the lozenge is Red and displaying NO CAMERA.

The only way I can get my camera working is by uninstalling the update and installing from the original old disc, so I know it is a software issue now.

eric

No problem with my Atik Horizon, but as Tim said, I did have to download all drivers. I didn't first attempt and the lozenge stayed red no camera. 

If I recall correctly, when downloading the Atik software bundle you have to select a number of optional components. The Atik Infinity Quickstart Guide also says when running 'setupartemisuniversal.exe' (from the CD-Rom) make sure 'Drivers' is ticked.  I suspect that may be the issue? 

Update; reports are now appearing in Cloudy Nights of this issue including reports from highly respected Atik software beta testers.

I reported no problem (above) having downloaded what I now realise was the previous version only two days before this latest version was released. It definitely sounds like a bug.

Do not download.  If you have, contact Atik to obtain a copy of the previous Infinity software pending release of a bug free version of the update. Here is the Cloudy Nights link...

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/609721-urgent-do-not-install-atik-update/?p=8425929 

Atik has added this to its download website below the new version......

1)      Camera not connecting after installing new version:

The most likely reason for this is that windows is holding onto the old drivers. To check that you have the correct driver, open up device manager and then find your camera in the list (It is usually in ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’, but might be in ‘Universal Serial Bus devices’ or ‘libusb (WinUSB) devices’). Then, ‘right click’ your camera and select ‘properties’. You should see ‘libusb’ listed as the manufacturer. If not, then you have the wrong driver. To correct this, go back to device manager, and ‘left click’ your camera. A button will appear in the top bar with a red ‘x’ on it. If you hover over it, it will say ‘uninstall’. Click that button, then tick the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ checkbox. Then press OK. This will delete the old driver. Then, if you unplug and reconnect the camera, the camera will find the correct driver.

20 hours ago, noah4x4 said:

The most likely reason for this is that windows is holding onto the old drivers. To check that you have the correct driver, open up device manager and then find your camera in the list (It is usually in ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’, but might be in ‘Universal Serial Bus devices’ or ‘libusb (WinUSB) devices’). Then, ‘right click’ your camera and select ‘properties’. You should see ‘libusb’ listed as the manufacturer. If not, then you have the wrong driver. To correct this, go back to device manager, and ‘left click’ your camera. A button will appear in the top bar with a red ‘x’ on it. If you hover over it, it will say ‘uninstall’. Click that button, then tick the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ checkbox. Then press OK. This will delete the old driver. Then, if you unplug and reconnect the camera, the camera will find the correct driver.

This is not the problem, I have the correct drivers libusb, I have been in contact with Atik, they told me to try the Artemis Capture, which I did and it does not work, the .exe file appears in Task Manager but not running.

This is a software conflict created by downloading 4.2.1.2  released on 27th February 2018, I am waiting further correspondence from Atik and will keep you posted.

eric

21 hours ago, noah4x4 said:

This advice has been there on the download site for other versions in the past, not just for the new version.

Atik Support has responded  in Cloudy Nights to say that this is a Windows glitch during the upgrade process. ..

When you upgrade Atik Infinity software it now appears you need to tick "others" (as well as "drivers") to ensure that critical Windows DLLs are reinstalled. Despite these being present in the previous version apparently they are lost on an upgrade installation and hence need to be reselected (select  <optional> "others" and "drivers" when downloading core software).

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say, Atik got back to me and sent me a link for the Windows dll that was missing, however, as there are no Major inclusions for the infinity in this new download I will continue using the previous version.

regards

eric

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Just to say, Atik got back to me and sent me a link for the Windows dll that was missing, however, as there are no Major inclusions for the infinity in this new download I will continue using the previous version.

regards

eric

I believe that the download fixes a minor issue with the Horizon camera. Mine works fine with the new firmware, but when installiing the core download you do need to click 'drivers' and 'other' to additionally download the required DLL.

• 1 month later...

I've had this problem after my windows 10 system gets an update... few times a year. I don't know what causes it, but the old uninstall/reinstall infinity software does the trick.

• 3 months later...

Yes it is a Win10 update that causes the problem, I have configured to 'metered connection' so it doesn't spring any surprises on me out in the field, I test it before setting off, any issues I reload a previous version, no problem.

eric

Archived