Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear Skies at last!

GordonCopestake

I took this image from my back door about 30 mins ago. Needless to say my scope is outside cooling as i type. You can see how much light pollution i have to deal with from my neighbours!

light_pollution.jpg

First real clear skies i've had for a long while, hope the dust hasn't collected too much on my optics!

A few cloud banks rolling in, plus i think 3 hours is enough. Come in for a defrost. Great views, although even with clear skies the seeing wasn't that stable. Great views of the pleiades and a few other bright clusters. Couldn't get mars to stay still in my 5mm eyepiece, but saturn was nice. A big ol tree was in my way before i got to orion, so no M42 this time, but it's always nice to miss the favourites and see a few new friends. Bagged m36, m37 and m38 nice and high. Also saw m1 and m35.

Nice views but i shall have to revisit them when my C8 arives friday.

Thats me for the night i think. Body just about to normal temperature so i can go to bed without the missus shouting at me for being too cold!

Archived