Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

hubble space telescope

Star adventurer

Hello everyone!
I have dslr camera from canon and want to start Astrophotography (I already have telescope, but want to start this kind of shooting).
I have couple of questions:

1) does the star adventurer is recommended? Or should I buy a different kind of system? I'm new to this world of dslr shooting (without a telescope...).

2) I understand that I need to buy the ball head (to attach the camera), eq wedge (to do long exposures), and the star adventurer itself (the motor), and tripod (legs), should I need to buy another things? Because I understand all of this sold separately and I don't want to miss something... and there is recommendation for good stable tripod legs?
Thank you very much!!

That list should get everything you need.

For a tripod. Bigger and heavier is generally considered better for stability and damping.  But any tripod that will take the total weight mounted on it should be acceptable.

All the pieces you need are sold as a kit from places like FLO. You will need a remote control for your camera, preferably with a programmable intervalometer incorporated.

Have fun and experiment.