SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion Nebula Ha Reprocess

Allinthehead

You'll have to excuse me i'm playing with my data but i was looking for some feedback on which of the two versions you prefer. 

I felt i was a little cautious with the first maybe overly so.

4.5 hrs in 600 second subs Star 71 and Asi 1600 0 gain

Thanks for looking

Richard.

5a22b1e32d44c_OrionFinal.thumb.png.81c3745a54a3178cbd8d18c685060d2d.png

Orion.thumb.png.b361ff041f772e6658db5575de47c243.png

A blend of the two.

5a95a9fe68a45_OrionFinalblend.thumb.png.df27a883fe23ed831fefd6d240b8ab68.png

Hello, Richard!

I think I prefer the second one, the one more stretched. However, I believe that when you removed the gradients in the image, you might have gone too far in the bottom-left, top-left, top-right corners. There should be hydrogen there as well.

Other than this, I'd say you have a great image.

Alex

17 minutes ago, moise212 said:

Hello, Richard!

I think I prefer the second one, the one more stretched. However, I believe that when you removed the gradients in the image, you might have gone too far in the bottom-left, top-left, top-right corners. There should be hydrogen there as well.

Other than this, I'd say you have a great image.

Alex

Hi Alex. Thanks for the feedback. Would you believe the only one that had any gradient removal was the third image.

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

They are all fantastic!  Personally I prefer the second one above in post 1.

That was the one i preferred too. Thanks Tooth.

Just now, Allinthehead said:

Hi Alex. Thanks for the feedback. Would you believe the only one that had any gradient removal was the third image.

That makes sense if the flats didn't do their job properly or you have some other gradient source(s). It is visible, indeed, that in the third image the Hydrogen clouds look more evenly distributed.

Both are excellent but I preferred the second image, the two blended is also stunning. Due to limited imaging time for Orion I decided to go with the Horsehead this year but your Orion Nebula with the same OTA has convinced me to try this later in the year.

Sadly my DSO imaging is over until later this year. Orion is now blocked by my neighbours house and the OTA is not really suited to Galaxies.

On 3/5/2018 at 13:02, Rodd said:

Beautiful!  I love the wispiness of the Ha.  Its surprising but it makes a great mono image...and that is saying allot for an intensely colored region!

Rodd

Thanks Rodd

6 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

very nice shots. I think the blended one edges ahead

Thanks Michael. That's my preference too.

Archived