SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crazy Image

Mattwaters

Really weird, thought as the moon was out I would try get a good picture at about 6pm. Then I saw a plane but didn't have a camera connected to my scope so I just quickly snapped it with my phone.......... was quite disappointed untill I got home and looked at the picture and zoomed in! Any idea what it is as it peeked my interest when I saw it. 

20180225_174336.jpg

Screenshot_20180226-120421.png

Screenshot_20180226-120553.png

Screenshot_20180226-185356.png

9 hours ago, saac said:

It's Elon Musk's Tesla car on re-entry - didn't have the mpg that they thought :) 

Jim 

Would be hillarious! Some of my friends seem to think its a meteor or a satilite..... or weather balloon lol just thought here would be the best place to go for an educated guess! Lol

Looks weird doesn't it?

I can only assume, in the absence of confirmed extra terrestrial landings, that it was a plane catching the sunlight and overexposing a few pixels around it. That might give it the rectangular shape?

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Looks weird doesn't it?

I can only assume, in the absence of confirmed extra terrestrial landings, that it was a plane catching the sunlight and overexposing a few pixels around it. That might give it the rectangular shape?

Kinda what I'm expecting which is a HUGE anti climax! Just the size throws me off, it was definatly higher than the plane in Z picture but appears bigger, and only appears to have 1 vapour trail, ineresting.... still baffles me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have no idea but it is strange isn't it! definitely has its own vapour trail so it is self propelled unless i'm wrong and its not a contrail but maybe disturbance or wake caused by its speed, hmmm.

the second image is a screen shot of the first, file was tiny. Bulk of the object is only about 80 pixels, hard to extract more info from that, but I’d bet it’s not an airplane that’s for sure.

Screenshot_20180226-120421.png.986a5f7145c723bc878278209585ea63-1.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 11.14.32 PM.png

@Mattwaters Interesting capture, I wonder if any of the flight tracking services, like Flight Radar 24 will allow you to backtrack to the date and time that you took the photo? That way you might (if the other object was non military) get to see what it was you captured?

Good luck,

Chris

25 minutes ago, Cjg said:

@Mattwaters Interesting capture, I wonder if any of the flight tracking services, like Flight Radar 24 will allow you to backtrack to the date and time that you took the photo? That way you might (if the other object was non military) get to see what it was you captured?

Good luck,

Chris

Looks like both Plane Finder and the new FlightRadar24 app allow you to check past flights. Worth a try I would say, although their data is not 100% complete

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, DeepSkyBagger said:

It's a flying saucer! It's a weird black project thing re-entering the atmosphere! It's a Martian! It's Superman!

Come on guys, it's an overexposed, slightly out of focus plane.

+1

Archived