SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette Ha from ITU

wxsatuser

The Rosette from GUS @ ITU.

GUS is a Officina Stellare Veloce RH 200 8" F/3 MkII with Finger Lakes Instruments ML8300 CCD Camera and Astronomik NB filters.

Image is 20x600secs Ha, no calibration frames, stacked in DSS, stretched in PI and fiddle with in PS CC.

Thanks for looking.

rosette-gus-pscc.jpg

2 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Lots of detail in that lovely image Mike, maybe one day this type of image will come from me, must get the guiding working first. Not much chance at the moment as we are in for two days of snow and minus lots.

Alan 

I cannot claim anything for the capture as the scope is down in Spain at e-EyE, Paddy and his friends do all the work. :thumbsup:

GUS has had a slight problem, star shapes, in the process of being fixed according to Paddy.

I'm actually subscribed to TIM but get GUS data as a bonus for signing on early.
TIM is down as the WIN 10 update screwed up it's pc, in the process of being fixed.

13 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

I cannot claim anything for the capture as the scope is down in Spain at e-EyE, Paddy and his friends do all the work. :thumbsup:

GUS has had a slight problem, star shapes, in the process of being fixed according to Paddy.

I'm actually subscribed to TIM but get GUS data as a bonus for signing on early.
TIM is down as the WIN 10 update screwed up it's pc, in the process of being fixed.

I have shot this a few times since I started and I am rather taken aback by how large it is. I have a decent reducer now to use on the APO which drops the F/L to about 640mm so a wider field. I have had a go at it but my pointing skills are not that great, in fact I almost missed M42 even with the wider field so that tells you something. I am getting better though, though not guiding as yet I do at least now remember to take the lens cover off the scope.

1 minute ago, alan potts said:

I have shot this a few times since I started and I am rather taken aback by how large it is. I have a decent reducer now to use on the APO which drops the F/L to about 640mm so a wider field. I have had a go at it but my pointing skills are not that great, in fact I almost missed M42 even with the wider field so that tells you something. I am getting better though, though not guiding as yet I do at least now remember to take the lens cover off the scope.

It's quite bright as well.

Guiding makes all the difference.
My goto is fairly good, normally synch about 3 or 4 stars in CdC and most targets centre ok.
It helps to have a permanent setup, from the outset I had the obsy before anything else.

7 minutes ago, alan potts said:

I do at least now remember to take the lens cover off the scope.

You're one up on me then!!! I forget all the time.

This is a nice image, and deep for 200 minutes exposure. There is no F ratio myth in screen-filling targets. The stars maybe aren't quite perfect but Paddy seems to have mastered RH collimation so doubtless he'll fix it.

Very good, simple as that.

Olly

1 minute ago, ollypenrice said:

You're one up on me then!!! I forget all the time.

This is a nice image, and deep for 200 minutes exposure. There is no F ratio myth in screen-filling targets. The stars maybe aren't quite perfect but Paddy seems to have mastered RH collimation so doubtless he'll fix it.

Very good, simple as that.

Olly

I believe the man from OS is going to visit too do a modification.

Archived