Canon Utilities 3 (Canon 750d) problems

PeterCPC

Weird problem with downloading images from my 750d using Canon Utilities and USB cable. It starts to download ok then, for some reason, Digital Photo Professional starts and it stops downloading saying the connection is lost. I have no problems with Canon Utilities 2 downloading images from my 1200d - its just the 750d and Utility 3. Until recently it has not been a problem, it started yesterday. I uninstalled the software and re-installed it - same issue. If I take the SD card out it will transfer the data no problem so it must be an issue with Utilities. The camera firmware is up to date.

Any body else found this issue?

Peter

I have developed a similar problem applies to all my bodies.

Now when I connect a camera it will only allow me to download by 'date' and not allow me to change the location to something sensible like 'The Moon 24_02_2018'. I then have to rename the download folder manually.

No idea why, and I've been struggling for months to find out a solution.

Rich

Archived