Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS - Too few stars (even @ 2%)

I am trying to stack a series of FITS files in DSS, but it keeps telling me that there are not enough stars to stack more than one image. Each of the files registers three stars (hardly surprising considering what is visible on the surface), even when I drop the level down to 2%.

So I went looking for a way to manually stack them and discovered there wasn't one (which I find amazing), but I did come across this post that offered a solution of using the comet option. However, I am still getting the same 'only 1 frame out of 56 will be stacked'. I tried using the big blob as the comet, but it would not let me do that at all, so I chose the middle of the smaller objects.

Can anyone suggest a way to get DSS to combine my 56 FITS files, or is there another (free) program that will?

Thanks.

Image1.jpg

Just seen file name 'Amalthea' 3rd moon from Jupiter !

Def try AutoStakkert but it looks like your very over exposesd too so probably will struggle to get any detail.

Unless of course you were trying to image Amalthea.

Good luck.

Archived