Does this look collimated to you?

Looks quite good. Maybe the secondary is not centered ideally under the focuser (there seems to be a thin dark rim at it's right circumference), but only a very slight error, that will not have any influence on observing. I'd leave it, as it is.

Stephan

Open your image on your PC as above then open Als Collimation and drag it over your image. Set the concentric circles to the circles on your image. Ideally start with an image big enough to see properly.

I usually start with the outer circle as it is easier to line up, then the inner, then the center, then the 'screws' if required.

The software works such that the displayed circles are always concentric and thus you will see any collimation error and can fine tune, and repeat the image taking process and check again etc.

Your above image is slightly off collimation, but for visual observing you should be OK to go.

In the thread link I posted above, scroll through the pages until you see my pink and yellow image.

Rich

Archived