SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from New Forest

Fredster1970

Hello all,

New to the forum, joined yesterday but only just plucked the courage to post.

I live on the outskirts of the New Forest in a place called Eling. Skies aren't great (close to Southampton). I'm a visual guy. Enjoy a bit of everything.

I use a Celestron C6 SE with a rag tag collection of eyepieces.

Look forward to becoming a part of the forum.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for the welcome everyone. DP, its a great little church. Should be quite photogenic in the next few weeks when the spring flowers pop through.

Very pleased with the 6SE, gives great views of the planets and moon plus is still capable enough on the deepsky. And the Goto is excellent.

See you all around the forum.

Welcome indeed. I live in West End on the outskirts of Southampton. I used to be south coast astro group, and had monthly trips to the forest for observing. Happy times!.

You should plan some short trips into the heart of the forest now & again. Nice observing to be had there

Regards

Rob

Welcome Fredster, another local!

I might check out the place Rob mentions above, sounds promising.

There may be a chance of us moving to the New Forest this year.... it's on the list to look at if we can find something suitable and within budget!

Hi Fredster,

Welcome to SGL I grew up not far away in Ashurst and still keep an OTA and mount at my parents place for occasional use.

I'm now across the border in Dorset but still get across to the New Forest as much as possible.

Enjoy your time at SGL.

Archived