Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Some of you may have seen my post yesterday of this object in wide field taken with the 135mm Samyang (@ f/2) and a Canon 70D (unmodded). That same night I run the camera both before and after the meridian flip but the framing then became quite different (I focused on maintaining the framing of the 5" refractor sitting side by side and had no separate control of the Samyang). So, I decided to process the data from after the flip separately as I had quite a large number of exposures to keep the S/N ratio high and did not want to do a major crop. When I now processed the data I collected after the flip (81 x 1 min at ISO1600), I more or less consciously put more emphasis on bringing out any surrounding nebulosity and not suppressing the star filed, and the result is remarkably different. I post the image from after the flip (top) and before the flip (bottom = same as I posted recently).
Maybe it shows that I am not very consistent in my processing and run more on inspiration than a consistent workflow. Maybe I should be worried about this?
Stacking in Nebulosity 4 and processing in PS CS5.
Do you guys also like the top image better? I think I do - at least right now.
Here is the wide field taken with the 135mm Samyang (@ f/2) sitting side by side with the 5" reflector (which simultaneously took the close up of NGC7822 that I previously posted). Not sure if this was the best object for a wide field since and it was a bit odd to process such an undersampled image (6.6 "/pixel) with so many stars. Still, I got it for "free" while I took the close up with the 5" apo.
I post also the close up for comparison.
Equipment: Samyang 135 f/2 with a Canon 70D (ISO 1600) side by side with a ES 127ED apo and a Canon 60Da. All on an EQ8 on a pier in the obsy. Guided with PHD2 and a SW80 with a QHY 5LIIM.
Exposures: Samyang 100 x 1 min. ES127 31 x 8 min (both at ISO1600)
Comments most welcome!
Finally last night the sky cleared, the moon was below the horizon and there was 6-7 hours of astro-darkness up here. So here is the first data I have captured this season.
Gear: ES 127ED apo, Canon 60Da, EQ8 mount. 31 x 8 min, so 4.1 hours. Stacked in Nebulosity 4 and prosessed in PS CS5
I also had my Samyang 135 f/2 with a Canon 70D side by side (hopefully 100+ good 1 min exposures). Will have a look at that data later today (when I may be exposing again, weather permitting)
All comments and suggestions most welcome!