Stallarium question

Hi guys

Im having some technical issues with getting stallarium up and running on my macbook pro. Im new to macbook and stallarium so not sure whats going on i took some pics of the msg im getting hopefully someone can stear me in the right direction to getting up and running. 

Chris

20180222_223213.jpg

Yes, you have to allow the app to open. Click OK to that screen, then go System Preferences (from the apple menu at screen top left), click on Security & Privacy in the first row and there should be something on that screen that you select to allow Stellarium to open. Go back and open Stellarium again and it should work.

Good luck, definitely worth perservering as its a great app.

Hi there,

Rather than go down the System Preferences route, and allow all applications from unknown developers, how I get round it is to find the application in the Applications folder (you should drag the icon there in the first place), hold the control key on the keyboard and click on the application icon. You'll get a pop out menu, one item in which is 'Open' ...

Kev

14 minutes ago, kev100 said:

Hi there,

Rather than go down the System Preferences route, and allow all applications from unknown developers, how I get round it is to find the application in the Applications folder (you should drag the icon there in the first place), hold the control key on the keyboard and click on the application icon. You'll get a pop out menu, one item in which is 'Open' ...

Kev

Just to clarify - if you go into System Preferences / Security & Privacy you will have the opportunity to allow Stellarium rather than just allowing applications from all unknown developers, which I quite agree is not an ideal route!

I hope that Chris has had success by now and is happily enjoying Stellarium on his MacBook Pro!

Kev, I think the way it works is that the generally available options are as you show above, but when you try and open a new application and it comes up with the warning as shown in the OP, when you go to Security & Privacy there is a specific reference to the app you just tried to open so that you can allow just that app. I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies to my problem. Thanks to all your expert advise im now up and running so thanks again for all your help. My next question is can stallarium be connected to my mount ? I have a EQ3 mount goto with a Sky watcher 150 im getting some good results tho im only doing 30sec subs any longer than that and I start to get some star trailing, will stallarium help with this ?. I'm thinking of getting a guide scope soon, got my eye on a Sky watcher EvoGuide 50ED package just saving up the pennies and sweet talking the wife at the minute :icon_biggrin:. I'm guessing that will help with exposure times ? Also what lead's etc will I need to connect everything.

Archived