Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

parallaxerr

COMPLETED - *WITHDRAWN* Sky-Watcher ST120 with Moonlite focuser

Up for grabs is my lovely Sky-Watcher Star Travel 120mm F5 Achromat refractor. It's fitted with the latest style red dual-speed Moonlite focuser with shaft-lock & 2 synta finder shoes. The dew shield is vinyl wrapped in a nice carbon effect and flocked on the inside.

This has been one of my very favourite scopes to own and use. The wide field views really are lovely with pin-point stars. CA is well controlled up to medium high power but I've almost always had a BAADER semi-apo fitted to the diagonal which has been very effective. It's surprising what this scope can pull out of a dark sky DSO wise, I have been most impressed when using it at star parties. In use, the focuser really makes a big difference and gives the scope a quality feel, it's a buttery smooth as the day it was new.

I've also used the scope for narrowband imaging, specifically Ha mono using a BAADER MPCC as a field flattener and have achieved very nice results. This combo gives good stars right to the edge of my APS-C sized chip.

Usual marks to dovetail bar and on focuser drawtube where the rollers run, otherwise the scope is in excellent condition, it's always been well looked after. I have the original inner box too, so postage may be an option for serious buyers if I can find a sturdy outer box.

Based on 2/3 of new price for scope and focuser, I'm asking £395 £355.

Selling as the scope is now surplus to requirements, having recently acquired an Equinox120.

Edited by parallaxerr

Jon, with a new flange, would the Moonlite not fit your Equinox? I bought a Moonlite from another SGL member, and a flange for my 120 Equinox from FLO.

Edited by 25585

15 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Jon, with a new flange, would the Moonlite not fit your Equinox? I bought a Moonlite from another SGL member, and a flange for my 120 Equinox from FLO.

Yes, it would. But if I manage to sell my goods, I'm hoping to pick a Feathertouch up :)

• Like 1