Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New member from Liverpool

Dannyg1987

Hey. My names Daniel and im from Liverpool. I thought id join the forum to learn from others and get a few tips. I have a Celestron CPC 800 and would like to start doing some astrophotography in the future. Im currently a member of the Liverpool astronomical society too so i get my astro fix on a weekly basis! 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

A warm welcome to SGL I am in St. Helens just down the road from LAS. 

3 hours ago, Nathan UK said:

Welcome to SGL mate. I'm yet to check out our astronomical society (I'm also in Liverpool) 

nathan 

Cheers guys. A few people from Liverpool or close by on here. Should both pop down one night while you can before it goes lighter of an evening. its a good place, very imformative! 

2 hours ago, Dannyg1987 said:

Cheers guys. A few people from Liverpool or close by on here. Should both pop down one night while you can before it goes lighter of an evening. its a good place, very imformative! 

I've actually looked online earlier, I'm going to pop along to stadt moores on the 23rd as it's literally over the road from me.

i don't know if your attending (providing it's clear) if so see you there if not I'm sure we will cross paths on the forum.

have fun

10 hours ago, Nathan UK said:

I've actually looked online earlier, I'm going to pop along to stadt moores on the 23rd as it's literally over the road from me.

i don't know if your attending (providing it's clear) if so see you there if not I'm sure we will cross paths on the forum.

have fun

I hopefully will do, if indeed its a clear night! :D 

3 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Hello Danny from another Merseysider - sorry I'm a bit late in on this.  Nice 'scope - how are you getting on with it?

Doug.

Thanks Doug

Im doing ok with it. Got it a while back (scope & mount) but ive always wanted to get into astrophotography, planetary mainly and i'll try my hand at nebulae & galaxies if possible. Used it for observational purposes whilst out camping and at society meetings etc but recently just bought the hd pro wedge, 80mm guidescope and a guide camera. Looks like a thing of beauty at the moment in my room :D. Few more little (expensive!!) bits to get, (dew heater, focal reducer etc) and ill give it my best shot! Have to learn how to polar align on a wedge first, never had to polar align in the past but doesn't seem too difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Daniel! I had the CPC1100 but sadly I got rid of it after only a year because it was monstrous! Yes the CPC’s look like a million dollars though I agree. Unfortunately, carrying it down stairs in my home, every time I wanted to use it, was borderline suicidal and guaranteed to earn me a horizontal trip to the hospital one day. 

On 3/20/2018 at 13:30, Sunshine said:

Welcome Daniel! I had the CPC1100 but sadly I got rid of it after only a year because it was monstrous! Yes the CPC’s look like a million dollars though I agree. Unfortunately, carrying it down stairs in my home, every time I wanted to use it, was borderline suicidal and guaranteed to earn me a horizontal trip to the hospital one day. 

Can say that again haha. Mines a bit smaller than the 2 models above it but lifting that, and the tripod/wedge is ruthless. I went out stargazing on the monday night and tried to polar align it using the handset and adjusting the wedge. Found it near impossible to do so im going to have to get some help with that! 

Archived