Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus test

so while i was out the other night i thought id try some testing ready for the MW season. 

bare with me i know its noisy but its just one image DSS doesnt seem to like stacking my subs for some reason.

im hoping to create a huge milky way image this year with lots of detail.

Shot at 35mm cropped in a little bit as there was a bit of glow from the rising sun. 

X1 360 sec 

ISO 1000

kelly tarn MW.png

Don't wish your life away! Time's going too fast and there's plenty of other stuff to photograph in the meantime.  :)

Excellent image...Star Adventurer or something a bit more posh? I'm hoping the blow the dust off my SA and lithium batteries sometime this year....

28 minutes ago, Beulah said:

Don't wish your life away! Time's going too fast and there's plenty of other stuff to photograph in the meantime.  :)

Excellent image...Star Adventurer or something a bit more posh? I'm hoping the blow the dust off my SA and lithium batteries sometime this year....

It was the SA it’s a great bit of kit. Duno why I had a moment of madness a few weeks ago and thought about selling it

By SA. I assume you mean the Star Adventurer Daniel? 
I'm toying with buying one myself, they seem to be such a practical tool 
for spraying a camera around the sky :icon_biggrin:
I too look head with optimism for your Milky Way Panorama. 

1 hour ago, barkis said:

By SA. I assume you mean the Star Adventurer Daniel? 
I'm toying with buying one myself, they seem to be such a practical tool 
for spraying a camera around the sky :icon_biggrin:
I too look head with optimism for your Milky Way Panorama. 

yes its the skywatcher star adventurer. Great bit of kit when i can get out and use it. im going to make more of an effort this year to get out and use it. im pretty happy with the exposure lengths from the sticking polaris in the x cross hairs of the polar scope. 

im also going to try some work from home this year once i get LP filter sorted for the 70-200mm F2.8 lens, i may even buy a little APO to stick on it :) kids are getting older now so im able to get back out more for long nights.  

Yes, a small Apo. would be an Ideal choice for the mount I reckon. 
I have a zs66 for the purpose, but several Canon lenses serve just as well.  
I have to admit to a great fondness for wide field images of our own galaxy.
The Star Adventurer is limited weight wise, but it matters not a jot, as 
there is plenty of suitable glass it can carry to bring down some beautiful Images.
I'm looking forward to seeing many more from you, and others who possess this
little device.

17 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

im hoping to create a huge milky way image this year with lots of detail

...and he disappears down the rabbit hole  ;)

Good luck!  Gradients, vignetting and lens distortions to look forward to.  Nevermind clouds, contrails...

...I've parked that project for a while (or is that given up!).  A very good idea to do some trial runs!

A great challenge!

Cheers

Paul

2 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

...and he disappears down the rabbit hole  ;)

Good luck!  Gradients, vignetting and lens distortions to look forward to.  Nevermind clouds, contrails...

...I've parked that project for a while (or is that given up!).  A very good idea to do some trial runs!

A great challenge!

Cheers

Paul

:help:

Archived