SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron PWI software

james_screech

My initial thought would be a no as you have to connect the computer to the mount via USB, but not sure what is inside the mount after that.  It may be that there is a USB>Serial conversion going on inside the mount, but I reckon that does not happen and it just has a straight USB connection to the processor that does the controlling

15 hours ago, Shelster1973 said:

Although I have just read on a bit more and it does mention in the handbook about a USB serial driver being installed and it then showing up as a COM port.

Will have to do some more reading on that one....

I was aware of the converter which was why I asked the question. I suppose I could just install the software and try it.

James

• 11 months later...

The latest version (renamed CPWI) is in beta testing within TeamCelestron and now embraces almost all Celestron mounts including GEM + Alt-Az with and without wedge, also Starsense.

There remain some issues with third party software and the odd bug. But for basic scope control it is excellent. It is similar to SkySafari, but runs in MS-Windows. 

• 2 months later...
On 21/02/2018 at 06:44, james_screech said:

Does anyone know if the Celestron PWI software is compatible with mounts other then the CGX/CGX-L? More specifically the AVX?

Thanks
James

Yup, it does support the AVX mount.

AstroBobG

• Like 1

On 11/04/2019 at 18:41, AstroBobG said:

Yup, it does support the AVX mount.

And with the latest beta update it is really, really good. The previous versions didn't implement ASCOM, but now it is a great piece of software.

• 4 months later...
On 15/04/2019 at 23:58, Datalord said:

And with the latest beta update it is really, really good. The previous versions didn't implement ASCOM, but now it is a great piece of software.

Yes, it's getting better, I used to love NEXREMOTE, which had a native wireless gamepad mode included.

CPWI is improving, I can use the Logitech wireless Rumblepad 2 for slewing, great for when you need to make small adjustments next to the scope ( the hand control is disactivated with CPWI)

User interface needs some improvement, no ecliptic for example, not quite as nice as Stellarium, but that's my opinion...

download.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 13/09/2019 at 19:58, Beammeup said:

Yes, it's getting better, I used to love NEXREMOTE, which had a native wireless gamepad mode included.

CPWI is improving, I can use the Logitech wireless Rumblepad 2 for slewing, great for when you need to make small adjustments next to the scope ( the hand control is disactivated with CPWI)

User interface needs some improvement, no ecliptic for example, not quite as nice as Stellarium, but that's my opinion...

download.jpg

Hello! Im nee in the forum, and I’m trying to make CPWI to work together with a LOGITECH RUMBLEPAD 2, and until now i had no success with it. Would you please tell me how you did it? 

best regards,

E