Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Earthshine Part 2

johnfosteruk

For a while I've been trying to produce an image showing earthshine and the illuminated portion of the moon in the same image. With very little success

This evening I've had a breakthrough though. This is 5 stops worth of images in 1/3 stop increments put through the HDR machine. You might scoff but a little more tweaking and I reckon I'll have something presentable.

5a8c818b84a93_Earthshinept220-02-18.thumb.png.883860f3fe025e7ad08e4c5e174c8d86.png

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks like it could be a useful technique with a little honing.

What exactly is an HDR machine, an app which combines the images?

I think I'm a few steps away from a decent image but it's getting there, just need to tweak the contrast in the subs.

The HDR machine is just HDR software for bracketed images. I've tried a few times but the glow in the brighter images caused problems with alignment. The HDR tool in the Nik Efex package nailed it though, but only after I played with the levels in the RAW files.

Archived