SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Rosette Nebula (bicolor)

Lynx1971

During recent night I've managed to take only 50 minutes of OIII in narrowband so I could add to previously gathered Hydrogen.
This is more like experiment as it is my first bicolor image.
Scope: Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro with flattener
Mount: NEQ6-Pro
Camera: QHY168C
Filter Baader 7nm H-alpha , Baader O-III CCD
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI120MC
Guiding scope: finderscope
16x300s exposure at -10°C (80 min total) in H-Alpha
10x300s exposure at -10°C (50 min total) in OIII

Rosette combined 2st last.jpg

• Like 3

I reckon that's very good - lots of crisp detail.

Did you shoot that from the Crawley area? I'm interested because you must have a fair bit of LP there yet your OIII must be pretty good. My recent effort at OIII for the Rosette was very poor, and I was hoping to blame that on LP.

Any chance you could post your OIII image, processed or not please for me to compare.?

42 minutes ago, Tommohawk said:

I reckon that's very good - lots of crisp detail.

Did you shoot that from the Crawley area? I'm interested because you must have a fair bit of LP there yet your OIII must be pretty good. My recent effort at OIII for the Rosette was very poor, and I was hoping to blame that on LP.

Any chance you could post your OIII image, processed or not please for me to compare.?

Hello Tom.
H-alpha channel was shoot in La Palma with different scope and OIII shoot recently in Seaford area where I usually have sessions with less polluted sky.
I've had difficulties with stacking (manually) as frames were in different angles and different focal lengths.
OIII frame stacked:

Rosette Oiii psml.jpg

Edited by Lynx1971

Hey thanks for posting that - very helpful.

La Palma - very nice too! My OIII isn't a million miles different I suppose, though your stars are smaller, and maybe most of the data comes from the Ha and I didnt have so many subs of those.

Whats your next target?

On 2/20/2018 at 22:24, Lynx1971 said:

I'm thinking about Seagull nebula and bubble widefield.. waiting for Milky way. But weather this year is terrible!

sounds like good choice - and agree about the weather. Need an airline ticket to La Palma - preferably one-way!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...