Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A little Tarn and some stars

So last night i headed out to a spot thats not so popular very little known and hardly and shots with astro done.  

There was an amber aurora alert for this location but when i arrived it was clear but just clouding over. It was a long 3.5hour wait. lucky the car wasn't to far away as it was raining at times.

spent around 8 hours at this location, and headed back the car at 4:45AM (2hour drive home)  only to be met by some local police officers saying there have been reports of suspicious behavior :help: they intrigued by what we where doing.  once we explained what it was we where doing they where more than happy to get back in their warm vans as 2 of them where shivering while taking details :evil6:  

40337084842_5e1d58f398_c.jpgMilkyway over a lovely little Tarn by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

2 minutes ago, Shibby said:

That's very nice. Any details? Is it a composite?

So many busy bodies! I'd be a bit annoyed, but I suppose it's good that people look out for dodgy happenings...

no its not a composite, just two exposures one for the sky one for the foreground. 

Sky 300secs ISO 1000 F4

foreground 120 seconds IS0 1600 and light painted 

blended in PS CC

6 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Lovely Shot Danny, how to you capture this, did you over lay the foreground over the back ground?

two exposures with a skywatcher SA. 

300 seconds for the sky and then 120 for the foreground blended in PS cc :)

2 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Lovely picture Dan. Great composition and I  particularly like the way that the tree and the patch of green have come out and how they balance the rest 

Thanks Kerry i had to light paint it to make it more interesting, other wise it was just pretty boring foreground with great sky. 

Archived