Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

20x100 with least astigmatism but 20mm eye relief

Of the binoculars with at least 20mm eye relief, only one pair has the least astigmatism and only one pair has the least CA. Also, only one pair has the least field curvature, only one pair the least spherical aberration and only one pair the least coma. There are  more aberrations still.

My guess is that no pair of binoculars meets all criteria at once!

2 hours ago, Stargazer McCabe said:

I have the 25x100 LightQuests on Valentin's P Mount. Very pleased with them... 

Steve Tonkin @BinocularSky did a very thorough evaluation of the 25x... http://binocularsky.com/reviews/LightQuest_25x100.pdf

I'm sure the 20x will at least be as good...

I have Valentin's p-mount as well. If its steady enough that's a point in favour of both bins and mount.

Steve's comment about exact eye positioning to reduce CA and image from 80% out is concerning however as I wear specs. 20x acc to FLO gives 20mm er, so minus 3mm, 17 usable may just be OK.

5 hours ago, 25585 said:

Steve's comment about exact eye positioning to reduce CA and image from 80% out is concerning however as I wear specs.

Needn't be a problem: once you get the IPD set properly, getting your eyes on axis, even with specs, will become one of those dont-think-about-it-anymore intuitive things.

Archived