Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I don't know the camera, but initial thoughts are yes, you could use it, but the first thing to do, is to get a copy of "Making Every Photon Count" by our very own Steve Richards, which will take you through the processes involved. It can be bought from the site sponsors i.e. https://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

Hard one live polarex,  old (but nice) 35mm film camera.

I am sure film is still used and some members will have used it,  with a telescope - I am thinking you may have a long lens that may do the job almost as well perhaps.    I have seen pictures on SGL taken with film not so long ago.

It may be possible to take pictures with the camera into the eyepiece, do a search for afocal - you can also use your smartphone like this, you may find mountings for holding the camera at the correct distance.

Or attach the camera without it's lens to the telescope - I did not think the parts existed but perhaps something like this and this or you can make something from a bodycap and a pipe,  focus and exposure and whatever I would not know where to start.

Where to start - perhaps with a digital camera then go back to the Leica R3 for fun later.

Good luck with it and keep us up to date.

Quick Edit:  Try this post - 2012 - not so long ago eh!

Archived