Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Central NGC2244 added O111 and S11

ampleamp

Thanks guys.

36 minutes ago, Tommohawk said:

did the SII add much?

Yes, i think so. When i am home again this evening I will post up the original S11 and O111 stacks processed to just before combining - they are very different. After a few combination attempts i just went with R = S11, G = H and B = O111 so a lot of what is now the brownish coloured data is S11 though obviously it overmatches with the H and O as well..

OK - so that's Hubble pallete. Interesting. I've been playing around with various options - no SII though - and tried mapping SHO to RGB with a synthetic R layer. It looks terrible!

Will be interested to see your OIII and SII later - thanks for that.

Thank you Shibby and Peter ;-)

6 hours ago, gingergeek said:

Very nice, what was the kit used ?

Thank you, this was all from my APM 152/1200 Lomo reduced to 900mm and my SXVR-H694 camera

6 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

Will be interested to see your OIII and SII later - thanks for that.

Tom, below are copies of the final processed stacks prior to combining

O_final.jpg

S_final.jpg

Thanks for posting the OIII and SII - really helpful. And now I'm looking at it on the "big screen" it looks even better! Fabulous stuff.

Hope you dont mind - I had a fiddle with your processed SHO images - basically just assigned them to RGB and straight away it looks great without any further manipulation. THe SII definetely has quite a bit of content so I do need to have a go at that. But also by comparison my OIII is awful - and I'm not sure why. I did many more OIII than Ha (43 vs. 14) and yet the end result is noisy and lacking definition. There was quite a lot of LP and I wonder if this affects the OIII more than the Ha?

Also my OIII has some horrible vignetting. I processed this using the Ha flat and this was probably a mistake - maybe a dedicated OIII flat would give a better result.

Another thought - i think you said your Ha was done with 5nm filter - is the OIII and SII also with 5nm filters? Hope so, cos then I can claim that my 7nm filters are obviously to blame! (bad workman and all that!)

You are off the hook Tom, i was using 5nm O and S filters as well ;-) 

I think O is affected a lot more than the other nb filters.  My H flat is a lot darker than my O and S flats, all set i think to 30k adu; i would definitely use specific flats.

13 hours ago, ampleamp said:

You are off the hook Tom, i was using 5nm O and S filters as well ;-) 

I think O is affected a lot more than the other nb filters.  My H flat is a lot darker than my O and S flats, all set i think to 30k adu; i would definitely use specific flats.

OK thanks - so its all down to that pesky 2nm difference!!

I'll try again with specific flats but I think the OIII lights look poor. The Ha look great so not sure whats going on there,

Archived