SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

(very) short timelapse made from nights imaging. (Orion)

pipnina

Surprised so much came out in 30-second subs, but here it is:

I didn't integrate this into a single image because of the cloud presence and realizing I had made focusing errors. About 30 minutes of photos, 30 seconds each @ 800iso & f2.8

A lot is visible though, the flame, m78, horsehead. Orion looks good as well for such short shots.

3 minutes ago, pipnina said:

It was! So far it's been worth every penny.

I have to agree with you on that, although i have not used mine much in the short time i have had it,

need to read the manual a few more times to try get my head round the time-lapse features and how it works,

1 minute ago, MarsG76 said:

Thats cool.... timelapse videos make astro images come to life.... 

I found that, maybe because the noise changes so fast, it brings out fainter detail in even short exposures. Could swear HH didn't show half as much in stills.

Very nice Pip. 

9 minutes ago, pipnina said:

I found that, maybe because the noise changes so fast, it brings out fainter detail in even short exposures. Could swear HH didn't show half as much in stills.

I notice it with Lunar and Solar images, your eye (brain actually I suppose) performs the same (or similar) averaging function as the stacking software.

16 minutes ago, pipnina said:

Like a Living stack in realtime.

Archived