Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M95, M96, M105 and friends

gonzostar

Hello 

This image taken of M105, M95, M96 and friends  was taken over a few nights without a moon present. Such a welcome rarity 

I have cropped this, but hoped to capture as many galaxies around this area of Leo as possible with my setup

Telescope - 102mm APO ES refractor on a AVX mount

Camera- Canon 450d unmoded iso800 with a Astronomik CLS filter. 

Duration 5 hours   - 300s lights., Darks, flats and bias frames also taken

Guided with PHD2 and processed in PS

Of course improvement advice much appreciated :)

Thanks for looking 

Dean

300mins-130218-ps01.thumb.png.4dc40fb2f885e2ce8ba8296875dbdaaf.png

astrometry-m96-95-105.jpg.26f187522d686616db38914339a45663.jpg

7 hours ago, Hallingskies said:

What exposure lengths were you using?

10 hours ago, gonzostar said:

300s lights.

My guess would be 300s :icon_biggrin: [sorry ... couldn't resist ... and let me be the first to confess I have done the same thing on numerous occasions].

On the image itself, I think it is a refreshingly different approach compared to many images of the triplet.

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

My guess would be 300s :icon_biggrin: [sorry ... couldn't resist ... and let me be the first to confess I have done the same thing on numerous occasions].

On the image itself, I think it is a refreshingly different approach compared to many images of the triplet.

13 hours ago, assouptro said:

Nice capture Dean

Keep adding to it and you should reveal more detail should the skies allow! 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan

Will do Bryan, may wait till next year and add. Patience is not my strong point though :) Do want to make a start on the famous Leo triplet, once it get above the neighbours roof!

7 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Cheers Demonperformer. Havent seen many images with M105,96,95 in the same F.O.V. I am pleased with it also. However with images more subs needed. Especially as a plan to heavy crop to get more detail for M96. 

Dean

Archived