Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
DeanWatson

And while i'm at it... M45

Could probably do with a bit more data and the black a little bit clipped to the right. And I was dewing up (excuses, excuses!) but not overly devasted with this - Was just hoping for a bit more of the lovely blue web I've seen from others (particularly a lovely one from Kelling - Can't remember whose it was - Step forward Sir!) on here. Still, as for my 'adventures with curves' getting some practice.

center]8987_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice one Dean. There were quite a few from Kelling as I recall...

Hi Dean,

The curves adjustments are bringign out the nebulosity nicely :)

If you haven't got it already I would download PixinsightLE and the DBE tutorial as it will allow you to tackle the gradient. If you do this earlier in the IP workflow you will have much more latitude to play with in the subsequent steps.

Alternatively download the 30 day trial of GradienteXtermiantor which is a plugin for the "photoshop" series and is a bit easier to use.

I'm on soggy string connectiona t teh moment so cat show you the effect it would ahve on your image.

Billy...

I think I'll try that Billy, I do have Pixinsight and it has proven useful. Its always a bit of a job I think with this object to tell whats gradient and whats nebulosity!

Dean, Here's a tutorial for using GradX. I'd run it several times on my M45 image, and still had some blue gradient around the edges. I ran through that tutorial and it went.