Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eskimo NGC2392

drjolo

Last nights again I found few hours of clear sky among clouds and pointed telescope this time to Eskimo planetary nebula. This is pretty small (apparently not much larger than Jupiter) nebula that was born about 10,000 years ago. I collected 30 minutes of Ha, 20 minutes of Oiii (it is pretty bright in this band) and 15:10:10 minutes in RGB. All in 1 minute subframes with Meade ACF 10", QHY163M camera on EQ6 mount. Seeing was medium-good, but transparency was poor - especially under my suburban sky. I estimated NELM for 4-4.5mag. 

And here is the result - Eskimo head in hydrogen parka :) Original image scale is 0.45"/px, here it was little bit resized down to 80% of original resolution.

2018-02-16-Eskimo.jpg

Thanks guys!

23 minutes ago, Hallingskies said:

Really good colour and detail.  Must have been good guiding as well.

I try to keep my old EQ6 in good shape :) Guiding RMS is around 1" total in box axes. For premium sites it could be large contribution to star diameter, however at my location that is not really premium EQ6 is good enough. I have average seeing 2.5-2.8", and at some rare nights it drops to 2" FWHM. 

2 hours ago, drjolo said:

Thanks guys!

I try to keep my old EQ6 in good shape :) Guiding RMS is around 1" total in box axes. For premium sites it could be large contribution to star diameter, however at my location that is not really premium EQ6 is good enough. I have average seeing 2.5-2.8", and at some rare nights it drops to 2" FWHM. 

It shows!  I usually get 2-3" out of my NEQ6 and PHD, which is fine as I usually only work at 600mm FL.  Think I would go for a belt mod if I ever wanted to regularly image at long FLs.

Archived